Friday, November 18, 2016

Looking for advice on requesting a letter for on campus carry


Hi everyone,First post ever here but longtime lurker. So I've had my CA CCL for about 4 months now. I know, it's a unicorn. Picked up my OR one while I was at it because might as well ya know. Anyways something recently happened on my campus.Background:My campus is dark at night. Like most placed. Some areas are exceptionally dark and I have night classes. Becuase we're in California, guns are of course banned. So long story short one of our professors was carjacked at night at gunpoint last night.Officially we cannot carry on campus, but we seem to have a stipulation that one can if they get written permission. Does anyone have any advice for this letter? Has anyone ever done this? As a law abiding citizen I don't want to carry illegally, but I also don't want to be killed on my own campus because I cross a magical line I can no longer carry at. How should I go about this?Thank you so much in advance. Links are relevant. One is the new article, one is our policy.http://ift.tt/2gtiSsG via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2g6yXkb

No comments:

Post a Comment