Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Pulled over in WA today while carrying


I was carrying appendix, but with my shirt and seatbelt tucked behind the gun. Before I had even finished pulling over I had my license, registration, insurance, and conceal license in my hand. By the time the cop approached my window I had both hands on the steering wheel at roughly 10 and 2.My car is very short so he quite easily saw right in once he approached my window and said "thank you for keeping your hands on the wheel, I see your firearm there. At which point I said "yes sir" with a slight nod.He asked me to keep my hands on the wheel while he brought my paperwork back to his car, did his thing, brought me back my stuff, including my warning for a brake light being out, and said "have a nice day, and thank you for your cooperation. I just want to be safe."I was never disarmed, which I hear about a lot in other states, although my guess is disarming is at the officer's discretion, not the state's.He also never took a defensive stance which was, to me, comforting. His hand was never resting on his weapon. He wasn't eagle-eyeing me while taking down my info, and he was very professional and clear in all of his commands during the encounter. 10/10 would get pulled over by Bellingham PD again via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2gLldKN

No comments:

Post a Comment