Sunday, November 27, 2016

Amarok Tactical Holster Review


Hey, I just wanted to do a small review of a holster made by a member here on r/ccw. His company is called Amarok Tactical and he made me two holsters and two magazine pouches about a month ago and I have been using them since then and decided to write a short review for the members here.The holsters Caleb made for me were what he calls a “Wolfpack” and a “Runt”. These are holsters styled like a Sidecar and a Vanguard. I'll start with the Wolfpack.The Wolfpack holster is a AIWB holster with a mag carrier built in. It uses two J-clips for belt attachment and a Raven Claw to tuck the grip in farther. It is well made, all the edges are finished to eliminate chafing, and the hardware is quality and doesn't seem to have issues with loosening. We worked back and forth via PM and text to change the design to where I liked it and he made changes to make the design better. I chose the colors I wanted and he folded it up and had in the mail within a day or two of getting the mold for my Shield in. I have worn it quite a bit depending on the outfit lately, as I am giving AIWB a serious try. It seems much more comfortable than a single clip kydex taco holster in AIWB. The only issues I found is that the holster can be a bear to put on and off but that is due to the design being quite wide and the dual J clips: and to wear it comfortably with my leather/reinforced belts, I have to shift my buckle to over my left front pocket. That just seems to be an issue with any AIWB holster so far.The Runt holster is a minimalist trigger guard style holster with a claw and a single J hook. It is very secure on my Shield and seems to be a good example of the style. I have used it some but the way the gun rotates in my waistband at AIWB doesn't sit well with me even though it conceals very very well. I do not think it is an issue with the holster design, I just don't think I wear my belt tight enough to secure the gun. The draw is good and I never had an issue with the holster coming out with the gun.The IWB magazine carriers I ordered from him are awesome, retention is great, he molded them bullets forward like I requested and they are pretty comfortable at 10o'clock.The service from Amarok was very good, he didn't have a shield mold on hand but when I expressed interest he ordered one and it showed up in a few days and the holsters were at my door in just a few more days, they actually beat the gun showing up (Thanks PSA). The retention on both holsters is adjustable and the molding seems very good. There was great communication and he seems like he really cares about making a good holster not just making money. This next paycheck I will be ordering an owb pancake style holster for the Shield due to the colder weather necessitating more coats, and an iwb taco style holster for an XDS 3.3 for a new CCWer in my life.Hope you guys like my review, haven't written any length in a while. I wouldn't hesitate to order from Amarok and I will be linking his website and some Imgur links to photos of the holsters here at the end.Amarok TacticalHis photo of my holsters and mag carriersI'll upload mine as soon as I find them on my phone, beware they're less pretty. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2gvZw1j

No comments:

Post a Comment