Monday, November 28, 2016

Pulled my CCW for the first time, didn't have to fire.


A couple days ago I was coming out of the hardware store and walking to my car. I was backing out when this huge truck comes flying around the corner of cars, almost running into me. He was making a left turn and 5 seconds later, if I had finished backing out of the spot I was in, he would have without a doubt run into me. I continue to back out, but he's blocking all lanes of traffic now. I'm super hungover, so I'm just sitting there silently begging for the situation to resolve itself. The cars behind the truck start to honk because he's holding up the flow and the guy starts to get irate. I can see him yelling at me (couldn't possibly begin to imagine for what), and he gets out of his truck and walks over to the driver side of my car. I'm literally covering my eyes and just not engaging this guy at all trying to keep from succumbing to my dehydration. That's when he starts pulling on my door handle like he's going to yank it off. I live in a state that recognizes the castle law and has no duty to retreat. So I reach down, grab my Chiappa .357, hold it up and just shrug like "how far do you want to take this?" It's amazing watching a person's demeanor change when they're forced to consider "is this worth getting shot over?" The answer was no for this guy. He got back in his truck and we all went on with our day. My revolver kept me safe without me even having to point it at anyone. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2gzoJeV

No comments:

Post a Comment