Friday, November 25, 2016

Need help choosing first holster for my Glock 30 Gen 4


Hi,I live in Florida, and just received my CWL in the mail a couple of days ago. I am now trying to choose a first holster to carry my Glock 30 Gen 4 with.I know there's a million of these posts, but I couldn't find many concerning Glock 30's and also being constrained to ordering just from Amazon.Now for some back story. I did order a Desantis Cozy Partner from Amazon, however the belt loops just don't seem to work well with my belt, and I have found that I'm just not a fan of soft loops in general. I also felt that the holster wanted to shift a bit, I don't know if this is due to the soft loops, or the close proximity of them so the weight wasn't distributed across a larger area. Overall, it just didn't seem to fit me well.I am returning this one for another one from Amazon. The reason I am purchasing off of Amazon is because I am using a gift card, and I'm broke otherwise and can't afford one.I think I have narrowed it down though to two, the Galco King Tuk and the Concealment Express kydex IWB. I have concerns about both though.My concerns with the Concealment Express is build quality, as I can't find a whole lot about them as a company, and comfort in terms of heat and that it is stiff kydex. The thing I like about the Concealment Express though is that it looks like it's easy to take on and off with the single clip. So, if I need to go into a GFZ it would be easier. Also, being in Florida it gets very hot and humid in the summers, so it's easier to keep clean.Now, my concerns with the King Tuk is that it seems large, and being a leather back it'll be very hot and get funky do to sweat and stuff. Also, being so large and being a 2 clip hybrid design, it might be difficult to get on and off in a car if i need to go into a GFZ. However, being a 2 clip system it should distribute the weight better, and keep the gun better balanced. It's also more adjustable then the Concealment Express. Another thing that slightly worries me is since the clips are metal, will they gouge the seats in my, or someone else car?If anyone else knows of a good compatible holster off of Amazon in the $60ish or less range then I'm open to suggestions. If it helps, I am 6' 1" and about 265lbs, and need clips that support a 1.75" belt. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2fOJUWN

No comments:

Post a Comment