Monday, November 28, 2016

New to concealed carry. Looking for advice on general pistol carrying safety.


I am a law abiding citizen with a CCW, but I have no experience carrying firearms. I am highly proficient with long guns but I have only put 5,000 rounds through pistols, and that's a generous approximation. I'm here looking for some wisdom regarding carrying safety.The firearm in question is a Taurus PT 111 (Millennium) G2. Here are the relevant points:1. Striker fire 9mm2. SA/DA (not DA/SA or DAO/SAO)3. External thumb safety4. Internal pin engagement safety5. Glock-style trigger safety6. 3.2" barrel7. 12 double stack +18. 22 ounces9. No de-cocking mechanismI would prefer to carry this pistol IWB at 2 o'clock in Condition 1, but the SA/DA, light trigger pull, and striker fire make me less than confident (I like having my femoral artery in one piece and I plan to have kids one day). Would this be a Condition 2 pistol for carrying at 2 o'clock? What about Condition 1 at 5 o'clock? I have a kydex/CF molded IWB holster that is custom made for this weapon and fully covers the trigger and safety. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2fti5XM

No comments:

Post a Comment