Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Looking at buying an Unbreakable Umbrella, which is supposedly "legal everywhere". Not sure if this includes Canada.

I'm currently in the market for a new umbrella, and I just came across the Unbreakable Umbrella (here, here, and here) which doubles as a self-defense weapon due to its materials / construction. My question is whether this is legal to buy and own in Canada; more specifically, British Columbia. I'm aware that "anything designed or intended to be used as a weapon" is illegal, but does this include the umbrella? I figure construction quality =/= potential as a weapon, similar to how you can have a steel pen or a cane and still use them if you're in trouble. But I'm not positive because they advertise the umbrella as not only durable, but as a way to protect oneself. Even if it doesn't have any funky "self-defense-specific" parts.

Cheers.



Submitted November 22, 2016 at 07:48PM by Rishloos http://ift.tt/2gA7KJH

No comments:

Post a Comment