Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Fairly anti-climactic but I was glad to be carrying tonight.


I was out on a walk tonight in a completely suburban area and encountered a pair of coyotes that clearly had no fear of humans. As I rounded a corner in a well lit neighborhood I saw em walking down the middle of the road heading in my direction without a care in the world about me or the 2 cars that were also close by. They came within about 5 meters of me as we passed eachother. I did not draw my weapon, but kept a close eye on them and was ready to.Just to add to this, I am not afraid of wildlife but considered their behaviour to be very alarming due to the risk of rabies. I would have absolutely drawn and fired if they had shown any signs of aggression. Fortunately they didn't really seem to notice I existed; unfortunately, that makes it all the more plausible they may have rabies. Had I been in a more remote area where I could have just shot em, left em there and gone on with my night, I would have done so. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2eTkHwu

No comments:

Post a Comment