Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Do your young(ish) kids know you carry?


My friend and I differ on whether to let your kids know you carry. We both have been carrying for about 4 years now. I say it does no good to tell my kids. He says that he wants his to know so they feel safe. My children, 9&11, do not know that I carry and have not inadvertently found out. My reasoning is that if there is a situation that arises I don't want to be ratted-out by my kids. I want the element of surprise. Example; if we are in the gas station and it gets robbed I don't want my kids saying "don't worry. Daddy has a gun!" My buddy thinks that is preposterous and won't ever happen. Well, last week he and his family were at the mall when a fight broke out. As chaos is erupting 30 feet away from them his daughter loudly tells security something to the effect about not to worry because, "daddy has a gun!" The mall is posted (the signs don't have weight of law in my free state), but security did tell him he had to leave and to not come back with his weapon.Before you ask; my kids know gun safety and are both competent shooters. They know what to do if they find an unattended firearm so I'm not concerned with them around guns. I just don't want them to put me at an inopportune time.So what do the fine folks at r/CCW think? What is your position on the matter? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2fH6pwz

No comments:

Post a Comment