Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Trying to Get Howard Eskin of 94 WIP to Understand Hollow Point Rounds


So I don't know if there are any other philly guys in here who listen to 94 WIP but they were just talking about how a Philly Eagles player got arrested today on the bridge between NJ and PA and he was arrested on marijuana charges along with carrying a pistol that had 6 hollow points. Apparently this was on the NJ side of the bridge. So long story short, Howard Eskin start ranting about how, "why would anyone need a gun? Why would anyone need hollow point rounds? Aren't those illegal? You have to buy those off the black market. etc etc." Really not putting any reasoning behind why he thought people should not carry or have hollow points.So I have never called into a radio station before but I just couldn't let that one go.So when they had me on, I pretty calmly explained that in PA it was very legal to buy hollow points (which apparently they just found out right before I called in) and that hollow points are defensive rounds and many people who carry so so with hollow points.Then he immediately shuts me down saying once again "no one needs those" and he doesn't want to get all political (even though that's exactly what he was doing just a few minutes earlier)I wish I had the audio of the phone call but I do have a little bit of the rant he was going on beforehand.So my question is, what could I have done better in trying to sway him, especially in the short amount of time you are given on a sports radio show? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2e06LSk

No comments:

Post a Comment