Monday, November 21, 2016

Situational Awareness is Key


Really short lack luster story here but good real world lesson and use of situational awareness. I had just a couple of drinks at my favorite bar in Fort Worth (left the gun at home) and stopped at Sonic off the highway on the way home around 11:30 Sunday Night. This Sonic is kind of secluded next to these not so nice apartments. I'm the only car in the drive ins reading the menu but taking time to observe my surroundings as well. I click the button to order and wait. A couple seconds go by and man in a hoodie with his hands in his pockets is approaching me quickly from the unlit side street. He's making a beeline toward me. The hair on my neck stood up and I got chills. I threw my truck in reverse and got out of there.Regardless of what he wanted I wasn't going to put my life in danger. Plus my truck was facing toward the curb/bushes because of the sonic drive ins are unidirectional so I had to make decision fast.TLDR; Was alone and unarmed at a Sonic Drive in and a sketchy hooded man approached me from the darkness. I left with an empty stomach. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2gfuEU9

No comments:

Post a Comment