Thursday, November 24, 2016

Defense of dog?


So here's the scenario I've been discussing with a few friends -It's late at night, let's say 2am. I have a fully fenced in yard. My dog starts barking to go out to the back yard, so I let him out. As I let him out, I notice at dark figure near my garage In the back yard apparently breaking in. My dog makes a b-line for him and starts defending our property. The suspected criminal then begins attacking my dog, say with a deadly weapon like a knife.Would a defensive shooting be justified in this scenario? In my eyes I would be defending my family member, and potentially my house - however, I know dogs are viewed as property under the law so I've gotten several differing opinions on the matter. Does the presence / absence of a weapon make a difference if my dog is likely being killed? Any insight would be much appreciated. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2frP6yE

No comments:

Post a Comment