Monday, July 25, 2016

Traveling to CO w/ IL CCW and looking for advice


So my family and I will be visiting Colorado next week on vacation, and I had thought when I took my last trip west that CO accepted my IL permit. Thankfully today I was reviewing everything for our trip and wanted to double check and see if there were any odd local laws I would need to adhere to. This is when I found out CO does not recognize my permit.So I am now franticly searching for any rules/regulations I can find on CO handgun laws and found two things that interest me.CO appears to permit car carry for anyone, so long as it does not leave the car. - this looks like my best optionCO appears to have an open carry law without permit although Denver and some other towns have passed local laws prohibiting it. - I am not against OC, and may consider it if I would not be harassed for doing so. (MI has an OC law, but most officers will make your day hell if you practice it. Or so I am told by family) This could be an option as we are taking kids hiking and at times may be isolated in the woods.So my question to you all, do you know of anything else I should be wary of, or pay attention to?I can simply lock it in my truck or trailer, but would like to hear what you all think.I am taking everything anyone says with a grain of salt, as I assume, like me, none of you are lawyers practicing law in the state of CO via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2aepiIs

No comments:

Post a Comment