Monday, July 25, 2016

CCW for non permissive environment (professor)


Hello All, I'm in a bit of a dilema (with myself) and needing some advice. I've been a concealed carry permit holder for a year and a half now and I've been trying to get my carry system down. It sounds like it might be a lifelong pursuit to figure it out but I'm trying.Anyway, I'm an architecture student it looks like I'm going to be working toward becoming a university professor in the future. In my state it is legal to carry on campus with an "enhanced" permit, but universities far and wide are trying their best to outlaw carry on campus. So jail time is not going to be a problem but my job and probably my carrier in higher education would be at stake if I was found to be carrying. The unique problem with architecture school is the unofficial "dress code." If you've ever seen architects you know what I mean (not hipster skinny jeans, but definitely fitted dress clothes). I currently own a glock 26 and Raven concealment vanguard 2A. I've been wearing it appendix for a couple of months and it works with some things, but I'm having to dress down to it most of the time. I've been considering trading it in for something more pocketable which would give me more options for "architecture dress."The Glock 42, Sig P238, and Kahr PM9 are the big ones I'm considering at the moment, but every time I look at forums people are espousing the G26. Am I crazy? Do I just need a different holster? The G26 seems great in the waistband if you have the right dress but when you start getting fitted clothes and suits in the mix it just doesn't seem to work for me. My thinking is that if I have a pocket pistol I can always wear it in the waistband for faster presentation or in the pocket for deeper concealment or on the ankle for even deeper concealment, but I don't think the G26 has that many options.Thanks for your help,Backseat via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2alaLsA

No comments:

Post a Comment