Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Ratchet Gun Belt... Meh?


So I'm a brand new CCW'er. Picked up my license about a month or so ago. I have a couple of things coming. Right now I'm carrying ~4 o'clock using an alien gear 3.0 cloak tuck. I'm going to order a stealth gear to try out since everyone seems to love it. I have a T-Rex Sidecar coming and I'm super excited for that.Anyways, if it's one thing I've learned reading the CCW Subreddit, it's pick up a good belt. So the first thing I tried was this. No good. Gun was moving around on me. It'd start at ~3:30 and a few hours later, it'd end up at 5-6 o'clock. I thought it might have been the clips, so I bought some J-Clips to see if that fixed the issue. Nope.I should mention that previous to carrying, my favorite kind of belt was a ratchet belt so I did a quick search for a ratchet type belt for guns. Found two. The Ratchet Gun Belt and the Kore Essentials. Did a little more research and realized that the RGB would probably be a little better because rather than teeth, you actually use screws to secure the buckle into the leather. So I bought a pair. In the mean time, I noticed that Amazon also sold Hank's with a Kydex Reinforcement so I bought a belt to try out.Here are my results:RGBHanks Gunner with KydexSo I'm not sure if I'm performing the test right, but I tightened each belt to the length I'd normally wear it at and attached a loaded Ruger LC9 to each at 6 o'clock. Held it at the same place-ish.I love ratchet belts, but I'm really sad to see how much flex the RGB had. At this point in time I might end up returning said belt and keeping the Hanks belt with the kydex reinforcement.Just wanted to share my experience. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2atdrFR

No comments:

Post a Comment