Friday, July 29, 2016

Does anyone else here ALWAYS burn their carry ammo as the first couple mags at the range to see how you would have done in a DGU?


It's an expensive practice, but I find myself compelled to do it after I had my first ever double feed a few months ago with my carry .380. (Sig P238, for weekends or trips to the corner store. My daily is a Glock 26). I had set aside my Hornady Critical Defense as usual and had loaded up with Blazer (garbage, I know) and had a double feed (failure to extract, then tried to feed next round) on my second mag. This got me terribly worried about the reliability of my gun. After buying better practice ammo (winchester) and burning through a few boxes of Hornady CD I haven't had any more problems.Since then though, I've made a habit of burning up whatever ammo I was carrying that week when I get to the range. I guess it's built same confidence back in since I've had no more issues.Anybody else do this? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2aihy9J

No comments:

Post a Comment