Sunday, July 31, 2016

First experience with anti-CCW, and it caught me by surprise


To preface, I've been lurking in this sub for a few months now, and recently got my CCW about a month ago now. I've been carrying everywhere I can, and grew up in a gun-friendly family shooting and hunting with Dad/older brother. I'm 21, and carry a G19 Gen 4 AIWB in a g-code Ingog.After I got my carry piece, I picked up a Sig M11-A1 as an additional option, and went with my brother to try them both out and ended up shooting a few hundred rounds and having a good time. About a week later, a buddy and I went to my brothers house and we're having some drinks, and then they decided they wanted to go out to the bars. I was still very sober at this point, so I just told my brother, "Hey if we're going out and I'm going to continue to drink, I need a place to put my rig." He had me give it to him and he and his friends were all surprised that they couldn't tell I was carrying. Gun got put away safely and the night continued, no problems.Where it caught me off guard: As I said, I grew up in a pro gun household and have always shot with my brother and Dad. Hell, my brother is even a criminal justice major and working towards a career in Federal Law Enforcement. Tonight my wife and I went for a bike ride and I called my brother to see if we could swing by and say hey. He tells me when he'll be home and ends with, "Yeah, feel free to stop by just as long as you don't have your gun."Wait, what? So I ask him, is there a rule at your house or something, very confused. "No I just don't want you around here when you're strapped." So I tell him it'll have to be another time, and he says ok and I had up.Out of anyone to have a problem with it, he was the last person I expected. The whole ride home my wife and I had a conversation trying to figure out what the deal was, and she was just as confused as me.Maybe I'm overreacting, and maybe I just need a place with like-'minded individuals who understand to vent to. I knew going into carrying I'd meet resistance, and this just kind of upset me.Anyways, if you have any words of wisdom regarding this for a new CCWer, feel free to share. Thanks for listening via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2aV29Ii

No comments:

Post a Comment