Friday, July 29, 2016

Federal Law Supersede State Law ?


I am posting this to stir up a discussion about Federal Law being the law of the land as per Article VI of the Constitution (The Supremacy Clause). I wonder from time to time why States have the right to dictate where we can carry firearms concealed or openly yet the Second Amendment states our right to bear arms shall not be infringed.The primary reason I question this often is that I live in Florida where it is illegal to conceal or open carry your firearm on college campuses. Yet if I go over to Texas and many other states I can happily conceal carry all day long on campus. Call me paranoid but I would rather have my firearm on me at all times "just in case". Besides we all know criminals don't follow laws, so why punish law abiding citizens. Seems common sense.Doesn't the Supremacy Clause effectively make all anti-gun state laws illegal or null? Interested to see what you guys think of this as I am just a guy who wants his rights completely, not partially. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2a5L3KK

No comments:

Post a Comment