Friday, July 29, 2016

Positive Police Encounter


Sooo... I am a white male, too old to be playing Pokemon Go. I live in O'Fallon, IL. On my way home at 9pm, I decided to stop at a local PokeStop and Pokegym (don't judge me) at a local graveyard. I pull in, and 3 minutes later, a police car pulls up and shines their spotlight on my truck. I figure they are concerned about a vehicle hanging around, so I hold up my phone, hoping they will understand I am playing.The officer approaches, and asks what I'm doing, and I tell him. He asks for ID. I say, "before I reach for that, I do have a CCW permit." He says that's fine, where is it? I say right hip, and he says go ahead. I hold my shirt up from the shoulder, so he can see my gun, and reach slowly for my wallet. He says there was a report of gunshots in the area, and asks how long I've been there. I tell him 3-4 minutes, and I hadn't heard anything. He (naturally) asks if I had fired any shots. I said no, and volunteered that they (there were now several officers) were welcome to check my gun. They thanked me, and asked me to slowly exit my truck.I kept my hands on the truck, and an officer took my gun from my IWB holster. I also told them where my extra mag was, and he retrieved it from my belt. We chatted while they checked the validity of my credentials. The first officer even said "nice .40" about my S&W Shield. At some point, they found out the "shots" were fireworks. Once my credentials cleared, he put my ammo in my truck, then handed me my gun. These guys were so professional, they were almost casual about the whole thing. I even called the PD to say how well they had handled it. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2agKv1Z

No comments:

Post a Comment