Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Question about "shall issue" state


I used the search button but couldnt find anything relating to this.So I live in Florida, which is a "shall issue" state. From what i understand that means that as long as i meet the criteria the state has to issue me a CWP. Is this the case?I ask because of a few reasons:1) When i was younger i didnt always make the best life choices and as a result have 2 or 3 arrests on my record. All of the charges for these arrests were dropped except for one misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia.If i understand the language on the application correctly, i am eligible if i have not been convicted of a drug crime in the past 3 years.So if 3 years have passed since the paraphernalia charge would i be ok?2) theyre kind of vague on the "are you a user of drugs" question.I no longer use any drugs, i havnt even had a sip of alcohol in a couple years. But would my past record cause them to say that i am an unlawful drug user?Common sense would dictate that i answer no to that question, but lying on the application is a serious offense if i understand correctly so i was looking for clarification. If anyone in florida has had a similiar experience i would appreciate your input. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2aIwCct

No comments:

Post a Comment