Friday, July 22, 2016

SC Employer bans guns in company parking lots - Need Advice


Hey y'all, need your advice on something:My employer insists on banning firearms being stored in our cars in their parking lots. I'm sure they think it makes us safer. As such I currently store my handgun in my car, park in a different company's parking lot across the street, and then walk into work.Since I wish to maintain compliance for the sake of the $$$ they pay, the only viable options are to either change the policy or change the law.Unfortunately the senior manager in charge of our site security continually dodges my questions as to why we can't get an exception approved for our site (as exists at other locations). He brushes off my concerns and has resorted to threatening me with employee corrective action if I violate policy, which I made clear to him multiple times that I go way out of my way to avoid violation. As such I think organizational policy won't change anytime soon.SC House Bill 3306 is in recess, but would effectively prohibit employers from making it illegal to keep my firearm in my car. Obviously this would be a nice bill to have because there are no exemptions in its current state that would allow employers like mine to keep their ban.Does anyone have experience with helping bills like this get passed? Is contacting my state government judiciary committee actually effective?Thanks for the help, V/RTL;DR - Employer bans guns in parking lots. SC House bill currently in recess would prohibit bans like that. How can an average joe like me help push it along? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2a6tCZj

No comments:

Post a Comment