Monday, July 25, 2016

Truglo TFOs failed on my G19... again. Anyone else deal with this?


6 months after installation with professional tools (sight pusher, torque wrench) my Truglo TFO front sight got dim to the point of being useless. Swapped the G19 out of carry roto, shot 2-gun with my buddy's G22 dead tritium front sight (due to age not crap product) on it lol, and waited 2 weeks or so for the exchange from Truglo.Recently, this happened again. Almost exactly 6 months later. The fiber/tritium assembly appears to have slid out from recoil, and have potentially been damaged in the process. I can push the fiber back in, and see the tritium vial's cover get pushed back to the front where it belongs. SMH at this product.I immediately sent my TFOs back I got for my new Shield, still NIB. Not taking a chance with a gun that is carry-only and I got to be reliable. Got some Ameriglo 3 dot, which are all marked Trijicon but less expensive than Trijicon's sights for whatever reason, hope these are more reliable.It sucks because those TFOs are bright and easy to acquire...... when the tritium isn't broken! ugh. /rantAnyone else have/use these and have problems or good experiences? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2abGMBf

No comments:

Post a Comment