Monday, July 25, 2016

[Florida] Legal ramifications of Concealed Carry in church (at request of leadership)?


I'm a member of a church in Orlando and given recent events the leadership of the church has asked some of us to concealed carry during services.Or church has one certified security guard who is paid and hired to defend the church. Our "security" team otherwise is all volunteers and mostly has up until this point been more of a show of force as well as limiting access to the stage as well as several admin rooms; especially when we have bigger names come through or when we have a conference. (Somewhat like you might see as event security on the stage at a concert.)I'm concerned what kind of liability or limitations I might have fulfilling that role and what my legal standing might be if I did have to use force. They have given us shirts that say Security on them that we're supposed to wear when on duty at the church and I'm worried that I'm acting in a capacity as an armed security guard without proper certifications and I might get in legal trouble if I ever did have to use my concealed weapon to defend my fellow parishioners.I would appreciate any advice you guys have. Thank you.(The church is not a polling place now or at the times in question where I'd be asked to carry.) via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/29VCPVq

No comments:

Post a Comment