Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Ohio (Dayton) Bike Trails, college campus, and concealed carry?


Situation: I live in the Dayton, Ohio area. There are several bike trails in the area that I began to use this past year. One of the trails closest to me goes into the University of Dayton and then to downtown. The paved bike trail goes through the campus until in turns into regular roadway. On the parts that is surrounded by campus, am I allowed to carry on my bicycle or would that be considered campus carry which is prohibited? I can't find anything that says if bike trails are treated as roadways, or who owns that part of trail, the state or university. The trail is the safest and fastest way to reach downtown by bike and I would like to use it more, but I would also like to carry when I do. And because I'm sure you guys are interested, XDS in Alien Gear 3.0 while riding. Comfortable and retains just fine.TL;DR: In Ohio, can you carry (concealed) while riding a bike on a bike trail that goes through a college campus if you stay on your bike and on the posted path?Please no "concealed means concealed" posts. I want to obey by whatever the law says, not want I want it to say. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/29vbtWN

No comments:

Post a Comment