Thursday, July 21, 2016

NY Licensed, traveling to PA. Will be applying for my PA NonRes CHL next week and have a few questions.


Can anyone more versed in PA law tell me what I need to know?I have my unrestricted NYS CCW permit. I'm going to PA for a few days and plan on applying for my PA CHL. From what my friend tells me, to own a handgun in PA, you need to have a PA resident driver's license for ownership. I'm reading various web resources that seem to indicate that if I have an out of state CCW/CHL, that I can posses in the state. Can someone clarify if that is true or not? I'm NOT talking about carrying open or concealed, just possessing, locked, in my car, to travel to and from his place to go to a range. Am I off my rocker, or is this possible? I can't seem to find a solid answer anywhere. I'd love to be able to bring my pistol for our various range trips planned. If this isn't possible or a good idea, please let me know! I'd rather leave it home and not have any issues, but I can't find any resources that say I can't bring it with me if I'm not carrying open or concealed. I know safe passage allows me to transport, but I'm not sure of PA posession or ownership law.I'll be in Northhampoton county Mon and Tues. I'd like to apply for my PA Non-Res. What is the best place to do this where I will have the best success? I know certain counties in PA do issue, some do not. I know Northhampton does - can someone direct me to a location where I can walk in and have this processed? From what I understand it's fairly quick and easy. I'll be in the Mt Bethel area.Please and thanks, would rather be legal than not, so I'm asking for help. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ag7j24

No comments:

Post a Comment