Saturday, July 23, 2016

LC9 vs Glock 19


First things first, I know these two pistols are entirely different from each other. The LC9 (first gen) is designed to be concealed first and foremost. The G19 is a compact version of the Glock 17, and more of an all-around gun. The G19 is 4th Gen (most recent) and the LC9 is 1st gen (oldest and admittedly flawed).I went out with a friend to go shooting today. I obtained both of these guns fairly recently and hadn't had an opportunity to shoot either. The deals I got for these were too good to pass up so I jumped without test firing them. Today was my first chance to try them out.I started with the LC9 and was able to accurately shoot it at about 30 yards. That was actually unexpected. The LC9 is a subcompact conceal gun that disappears on my person, not a gun I expect to be accurate at distances. The slim single stack gun wasn't comfortable to shoot after about 3 mags (7 rounds each). The pistol is hammer fired and has a long trigger pull before it shoots. In a stressful situation this wouldn't be an issue. With the rush of adrenaline, I don't expect I'd be annoyed by a long and hard trigger pull and I doubt I'd go through three mags either.Next up was the G19. I am more accurate with it and it is extremely comfortable. Plus, I am able to CCW it reasonably well IWB. Not as well as the LC9, but that isn't a fair comparison. These are two completely different guns.I love my Glock! I am honestly kinda meh about the Ruger LC9 after today. Am I being unfair to the LC9 for all the reasons I listed above? I am strongly considering selling the LC9 and putting the money toward a different CCW pistol in the future. I could easily just hold on to them both, but I truly have little desire to take the LC9 to the range again or to carry it unless a day's wardrobe just doesn't work with the Glock. And if I would look for reasons not to shoot it, well, you get the idea.Do I keep the LC9 or sell it? What thoughts do you have about the Glock 26 as a replacement for the LC9? If I can CCW the G19, shouldn't the G26 not be too wide for me to conceal? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2a9ucq1

No comments:

Post a Comment