Friday, July 1, 2016

Getting over the fear of "getting in trouble"... advice?


First up, stand up citizen here. Never been legally in trouble, not even a parking or speeding ticket. 28 year old financial analyst with an MBA. Got into shooting rifles back in 2012 and went from there. I regularly go every 2 weeks or so at the local range and sometime practice unloaded at home.Picked up my CCW here in PA back in November, but haven't carried yet. Here me out - I'm stuck on getting harassed or the cops called on me.Back in 2013ish, I was pulled over coming from a photoshoot at a cemetery of some cars. I accidentally turned down a one way street, cop was right there, instant pull over. I normally have huge respect for law enforcement, but this guy was a real dick.He accused me over and over of "being on something". Said he saw my eyes being bloodshot. Keep in mind, this was near the projects, so I can understand. I was patted down and then roughed up a bit. That escalated into a K9 unit showing up with 2-3 more cop cars. I was out of the car being questioned, yelled at, sworn out, etc.In the end, I consented to him searching my car, which I knew he'd find nothing. Floor mats out, back seat taken out, everything gone through. I could only imagine what would have happened if I had a valid CWW permit and firearm in the car.The ordeal ended with a "Get the fuck out of here and if I ever catch you again, I'm taking you out for good!"How do I get over this? Every time I see a cop now, I'm on edge. Highly fearful of printing just a little bit and having someone call in "mass shooter at XXX" or something. Or even just getting pulled over and have the cop go full commando on me for no reason. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/29m5vVg

No comments:

Post a Comment