Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Hotels and force-of-law signs?


What are the laws surrounding rights in a hotel room?In any state I've ever lived, an apartment or other rented permanent dwelling is considered to be the renter's property as far as guns go. Landlord can try and say no guns, or in some cases may able to post public areas of the building/restrict for visitors, but where do hotels fall in?I recently had a job interview at a hotel (business was using their conference room, as their office was still under construction). I wasn't carrying anyway, because I wasn't wearing a jacket and don't have a tuckable or ankle holster. But I noticed the hotel was posted (which has force of law in my state).In this case I wasn't a guest of the hotel, so it seemed pretty clear that this was a legal "don't carry".But what if I was renting a room there? Are there any laws (since we're talking hotels, let's just say in any state to start) that would indicate the rental of the room trumps the sign? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2cOGGoV

No comments:

Post a Comment