Sunday, October 30, 2016

Ruger LCP2 vs LCRX vs LC9S, and the value of a manual safety.


I've been tooling around with my 9mm PPX in an OWB holster for long enough by now. I've not had trouble yet getting "made" from the obvious printing through large untucked shirts, but I know it makes some uncomfortable. And the thing is substantial. So it's time for a proper concealable.I've beel liking the idea of the LCRX for a while now, a polymer CCW revolver with a hammer sounds awesome. Wouldn't have to babysit my ammo for bullet setback either.But now the LCR2 is out at like 60% of the revolver's price, and that seems to offer way more choices for best concealment. I'm a large guy at 6 feet and 270 lbs, so I imagine a pocket .380 could make the difference in printing less.And then there's the LC9S, which would allow me to use my existing ammo stash, but is still very concealable (just not LCP2 levels of concealment - again, I'm a big guy so I have fewer hiding places for an LC9 sized gun).LC9S also has a manual safety, which is something I thought might be really nice for a "pocket gun". What's the CCW community's thoughts on manual safety for guns of this purpose?Any other advice or considerations for which one to go with and why? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2f2dLvk

No comments:

Post a Comment