Friday, October 28, 2016

St. Louis County CCW


I received my approval after waiting 40 days. I got up extra early today to try and be as close to the front of the line as possible. I drove from West County to Clayton. For those not familiar, it is about a 40-minute drive. I found a parking spot and put $1.50 in the meter. I walked across the street to the PD, I took off my belt, removed my phone, keys, and extra change to get through the metal detector. I wrote my name on the list and sat down for them to call my name. There were 2 people ahead of me, so I was very happy.After 10 minutes or so, I heard some chatter from behind the desks. I couldn't quite make out what they were saying. Then, the news came that made me sick. A lady looked at me and asked, "Are you here for your CCW?" "Yes", I said. I was informed that the system had just gone down and was "locked". She told me, "It could be two minutes, or it could be 3 weeks. The last time, it was 3 weeks. You can wait if you want." Yeah, like I am going to sit there waiting for them to dangle that carrot in front of me. A minute or two later, they printed off a sign that read, "NO CCW, ADDRESS UPDATES, NEW APPLICATIONS, PICKUPS". Great.I am so stinking upset. I know 40 days isn't bad compared to some other states, but geez. Give me a break.tl;dr, I got shafted by a system that is terribly inefficient. I know I can wait until January 1 for constitutional carry, but still. And my recourse here? Call them incessantly until they fix their system. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2dTWDW9

No comments:

Post a Comment