Monday, October 31, 2016

My review of the 5.11 holster shirt


After I had expressed since interest in the 5.11 holster shirt my wife bought me one for my birthday. I've been using it periodically for several months, here are my impressions. First off, it doesn't make you look anything like the jacked AF dude in the pictures. It seems well made and has held up well after several washes. It fit nicely in a medium (I'm 6' 180) I got the regular neck and I think if I did it again I would go for the v-neck. I got this shirt with the intention of carrying my Canik tp9v2 and being able to conceal it well, in that regard it does not perform well. The shirt prints badly with anything larger than a shield. Also it is super hot and the pockets do not breathe at all. I'm not a sweaty guy and I'm soaked when I have it on. By the time it is cool enough to have this on I could just as well put on a hoodie and have little printing with an OWB. Retention is also an issue, on more than one occasion I had my (larger) weapons fall out of the pockets. Draw time is slow and loud do to the Velcro. I'll still use it for my wallet and lcp on a jog or when exercising but that's about it. Although the shirt is well made it is really not a good option for ccw.TL/DR: Good to hold your wallet, bad for daily carrying. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2etbDvh

No comments:

Post a Comment