Tuesday, October 25, 2016

[Scenario] How would you have handled this?


So this morning I get a knock on my door from my apartment manager, and oddly, was actually awake, but in bed.She asked me if I knew there were people in my car. This is after 8amIMPORTANT INFO: It's a street legal ATV type thing, no door or roof. Yes I know that I need a garage. Anyway, Every now and then (1/month) I'll notice that the seats were flipped back (I leave them folded up to discourage this), so someone got in, probably took a selfie, and left. Even parking it outside a restaurant and this has happened.Back to the story. I assume someone is just sitting in it and I'll be asking them to gtfo and nothing more. Thought crosses my mind to grab a pistol but I'm wearing shorts and flip flops, that's it, I was in bed, and rushed out there instead of shirt+gun.As I get closer, I see someone rifling through my glove box while sitting in it. That's usually locked. It's a female and I'm like hi, then she says it's hers, then it isn't hers, tried to start it but couldn't no big deal, nonsensical rambling.The manager was watching all this from her car so I tell her to call the cops.Edit: I went to grab her purse at this point so I'd hopefully just have her ID if she wants to run off, that didn't work so then the following.I grab the perp by the left wrist from the driver's side and decided I'm holding her until they come. She starts freaking out because of something something has parole officer meeting tomorrow, don't call cops, whatever bs.Well now she gets into fight to flight mode, and I know I probably fucked up to have gotten in this situation. I still have her wrist, but she gets onto center console closer to me and her right hand comes swinging, but with some folded up newspaper, so could be knife in there, no idea.I block that easily and then get punched in the face 5-6 times, which didn't bother me. Grab her right wrist, so now I'm getting kicked at with some pointy boots.Pull her out of the car and am trying to get into a rear dual arm pin type of thing. I'm around 6'/180, but she's squiggling and kicking and it wasn't happening. I should definitely get into some martial arts.So we're wrestling around on the ground, and I basically kept pinning/grabbing wrists and she keeps going 100% and semi getting out of it. Thankfully 2 maintenance guys I know show up and we pinned her down. One of them was 300 lb and even he was having trouble at first.So now she's being sat on, yelling rape of course, and neighbors start all coming outside. I'm thinking man, if I were alone with her right now, seeing as how I'm not wearing a shirt, this probably would have looked bad. Luckily the female manager was watching everything from the very start.Cops come, arrest her, she also had heroine or meth (I forget what they said) in her purse, needles, fun shit. History of drugs and burglaries of vehicles etc.No damage to anything or anyone really, but there are a few spots I feel I screwed up on. Shouldn't have assumed it was a harmless selfie being taken and walked out unprepared. Shouldn't have thought I had enough control of her at first to not get stabbed or needled. I didn't assume she did or did not have weapons, but if she had I could have really gotten hurt.I definitely don't want to wrestle with a gun, and had I brought it out it would have been try to make citizens arrest and if she just runs, let her basically.Another option is when I realized what was happening just run back inside and maybe the cops get there in time? (they wouldn't have). Nothing worth court over, or injuries, if things go badly.What would y'all have done?TL;DR: rolled out of bed to a vehicle burglary in progress when I wasn't expecting it, and could have just walked away but got her arrested. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2dFG9Wt

No comments:

Post a Comment