Sunday, September 18, 2016

[Scenario] Someone tried to rob me tonight at a gas station. Didn't draw.


This happened earlier tonight. I was headed home from a long weekend vacation on the beach and decided to stop at a gas station to get a drink before getting on the interstate. I got my drink and got back into my truck and noticed a odd individual who exited his car, two spots over, and was going back-n-forth from the driver door to the rear driver side door. I lost him in my mirrors and then noticed he had gone behind my truck instead of getting on the sidewalk to enter the store. At the time I was moving some empty shaker bottles around to free up a cup holder. He walked behind my truck and I noticed him drop a suitcase on wheels and reach for my tailgate. He opened my tailgate and proceeded to try and take it. (I know I should lock my tailgate) I hopped out and yelled at him to stop. He seemed to be slightly crouched down to where I could just see his head. He quickly came around the back of my truck toward me. I immediately pulled my t-shirt and grabbed my ccw, but didn't draw. He saw my ccw, froze for what seemed like forever, and then proceeded to the back of my truck. I followed him around in an arced path as to not get caught near him. He grabbed a bag of something and walked away mumbling something. A few words were exchanged and he went back to his vehicle. I shut my tailgate and locked it. I got back in my truck and warned another customer who walked out and was getting into a vehicle next to him. I was in shock that someone would try and steal something off my truck while it was running and I was in it. I got back on the road and headed home. Calling the police completely slipped my mind as I was still in disbelief as to what just happened. I know I should always call the police.I hope everyone can learn from my situation and always be aware of your surrounding. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2cRZP8n

No comments:

Post a Comment