Thursday, September 29, 2016

Driving from Atlanta, GA to Ashville, NC tomorrow - anything I need to know for NC CCW?


Hey guys, I'm driving from Atlanta, GA to Ashville, NC tomorrow. I had planned on carrying my G43 IWB as I always do in GA, and I know there is reciprocity with GA and NC (as well as most states in the southeast region), but is there anything important I need to know otherwise? I read that there is duty to inform in NC, so if we're pulled over for any reason, I'll be sure to inform the officer in one of the approved methods discussed here. As far as GA law goes, the laws with alcohol and firearms are pretty vague, and I've gathered from my research that its legal to have a beer or 2 at dinner in GA and not be breaking the law (could be wrong on that?) but I'm reading that having any alcohol in your system is illegal in NC so I won't be carrying if the gf and I decide to have a glass of wine with dinner. Do any of you leave your firearm in a hotel room if you're travelling? I feel that would be frowned upon on this subreddit... I'm also reading that signs have the force of law in NC? This is not the case in GA, so I'll be on the lookout for signs in NC. Anything else I should know? Thanks! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2cFrqFA

No comments:

Post a Comment