Monday, September 26, 2016

Initial Impressions of the Safariland 123 and SHTF Gear horizontal magazine carriers


Safariland 123Black Arch SHTF GearWhen carrying it is important to have an extra magazine for emergency and tactical reloads. I could never find a comfortable way to IWB a double stack and pocket carrying printed to much and the reload was too slow. I picked up the Safariland and found it as a great way to carry a G17 mag. The only issue I have with it is the retention slowing down the draw, still faster than drawing from the pocket. Hearing great things about the Black Arch/SHTF I decided to pick one up.The first thing I noticed about the SHTF was the velcro compared to the Safariland hook-and-loop. The first issue was staying on the belt; the hook-and-loop is superior so you have to really strap down the velcro and use the magazine flap to hold down the front belt strap. This creates another issue, not being able to slide the carrier around to adjust for comfort so once it is in place it is staying. I cannot use a G17 in the SHTF because not the entire velcro section on the magazine flap connects so I have to downsize a little to a G19 mag.If someone wants to donate the DeSantis I'll gladly test it for the sub 😉For now I prefer the Safariland but I'm going to continue wearing the SHTF for the week to continue testing it. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2dmrqA6

No comments:

Post a Comment