Friday, September 30, 2016

Can you draw your weapon if accosted by one man with his group of friends behind him? Read Story


So this experience was one of the main reasons I decided to become a CCW permit holder. I'll try to keep it as short as possible. When I was 19 me and my friend where walking home from the arcade. We had to cross a park to get to my house. As we were crossing, we saw a group of 5 guys coming towards us. They kept coming our direction but not doing anything threatening just yet. Suddenly one of them stops and gets in my face. This guy looks a bit older than me in his 20s and is about 5'10 and I was only 5'5. He says "you just crossed my space!" and gets up in my face. I said "dude chill I didn't mean any disrespect" as I was trying to de-escalate the situation. He then gets up closer to me and just slaps me REALLY hard ,and at that point I get mad and yell "what the fuck dude!" and he said "what are gonna do about it?" and slaps me again.I knew the next one was likely gonna be a punch. So I get some distance and manage to hit him right in his snot factory. Next thing I know, HIS FRIEND comes out of nowhere and gets a good solid hit on me and knocks me to the ground. I immediately covered my head and just kept kicking the air to negate their advance as my friend is also getting beaten. I just kept spinning around trying to keep my head away as they were kicking me on the ground. After awhile a man comes out of his house and says "I'm calling the police!" and these guys scram after that. I get up and I got blood all over my shirt. That man possible saved my life. I'm pretty sure this wasn't the first time they've done this, as they knew how to attack in a group and knew how to divert my attention before I got the massive sucker punch. Let's say I run into the same situation now. What would be the best way to approach this scenario from both a survival and legal standpoint? Even if I were to successfully defend myself against the main aggressor, I'm sure his friends wouldn't just stand around the whole time . Running away may not be an option, as it would open the possibility of leaving my friend behind in a 5 on 1 affair. Am I allowed to draw my weapon if am approached by an entire group as opposed to a single individual? How would you guys approach this? This was in the state of Utah if that helps via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2dg4OxL

No comments:

Post a Comment