Sunday, September 25, 2016

My ex-boyfriend is using my CCW as a way to punish me for leaving the relationship. Be careful about who you tell and be careful who you let know about your CCW.


Posted briefly a few weeks ago. This isn't about legal advice, this is a caution.I go to a large school in Missouri. I have a CCW permit from five years ago. I applied for it the same time I got my hunting license so I could carry a backup handgun while hunting without any chance of it being illegal.My boyfriend found my CCW permit once in my purse. So he knew about it. My boyfriend has a history of depression and therefore has never owned a gun.We were in an abusive relationship; he was abusive toward me. I broke up with him and put a restraining order in through our university, which we both attend, because he harassed me after the fact.He has been telling the police and my professors that I carry a gun on campus and has used my CCW permit as evidence to legitimize this allegation. I've been harassed by both the school and the police. It's not their fault, when they get an allegation like this, they have to look into it and that means calling me/having me come in/interrogating me about the allegation. The police did chew him out for inciting panic in the absence of evidence, however.There is nothing I can do, really. My professors have lost a lot of respect for me because in academia, most people don't agree with gun ownership in general. It's just a fact of life.I'm now in a position where I actually would like to carry my pistol (off campus, of course) but am afraid to because of some legal snare he'll work up. Like if something happens and it goes on record that I was carrying a gun (legally) in what way will that contribute to the allegations that I carried (illegally) on campus. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2di3DkX

No comments:

Post a Comment