Tuesday, September 27, 2016

New to CCW, question about ride height with AIWB holsters and grip access


I recently received an AIWB holster from Alex and Ryan Design, which is currently the most affordable option out there that includes the "claw" feature which is extremely helpful for small boned people like myself. Gun is a CZ P-01 with thin VZ grips.I can't get a CCL where I live (CA) but I may live in VA in the future so I wanted to explore how this would work, and I guess I've got money to burn. I ordered the aforementioned holster, as well as one from Dara which uses a wedge instead of a claw to help push the grip against the body to help with concealment. What I have learned so far:Trying to carry with my current pant size (30) is uncomfortable. It's semi-doable in appendix, but a total non-starter anywhere else on the clock. Looks like I'll have to size up - I wear fitted but not "skinny" clothing mots of the time. Will size 31 pants look weird if I'm not carrying?Compared to my OWB competition holster, getting a grip on the gun is not easy. This holster maker did not have an option for variable ride height. While I'm happy with the level of concealment, I am worried about not being able to get the grip I want as easily as I would like. Do people just get used to this and figure it out with practice? I understand that CC is about compromises.I wore it around the house all evening and my fiancee, who is not currently comfortable with the idea of daily carry, did not notice, even when straddling me when I was in a chair (not sexy times). Or maybe she thinks I'm a dork and just decided not to say anything. I'll never know.Sorry for the rambling.TL;DR Is it expected that getting an ideal grip from appendix concealment will take practice, or is my holster not a good fit? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2dAKrhv

No comments:

Post a Comment