Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Best ammunition choice for 40 S&W.


Hello all,I recently got my concealed carry and I'm going to start taking my firearm with me on a daily basis. Of course, now that I'm looking at a daily carry I'm thinking about the best kind of ammunition to put into my firearm. I want to carry the best kind of defensive ammunition, which I guess for me (or pretty much anyone) means one that really does the job at stopping an assailant while also limiting risk to bystanders if I ever had to open fire.I started looking through the results from luckygunner.com, and by the tests they have there I think the Federal Premium 180gr HST in 40 S&W looks to be really good (http://ift.tt/2cH33ur). The only thing that concerns me is, the gel test shows some of the test bullets over penetrating. I'm not sure if this would be a real issue in daily life, so I'm kind of torn on whether or not to order this round.I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there who has used this ammunition and can give some honest feedback on it. Other than that, I'd welcome any suggestions on what ammunition to use from those who have a 40 S&W for daily carry.Thanking all in advance for any help. It is much appreciated. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2dgFHt9

No comments:

Post a Comment