Friday, September 30, 2016

First Interaction With Law Enforcement. Went Well


Background info: I live in Saint Cloud MN, minutes away from the mall stabbing that occurred a couple weeks ago. Today I was at the Chic-Fil-A grand opening. The restaurant shares a parking lot with Crossroads Mall. As most grand openings, it was very busy. For some reason there was about 6 LEO's at the restaurant, I figured they were there for lunch, but it appeared they were there for a book drive or some sort of fund raiser.Typically I appendix carry, with a Galco King-Tuk. I had put on a lot of driving miles the past week, which caused some irritation on my stomach so today I wore a Fobus paddle holster and 4 o'clock and covered it up with a hoodie. My hoodie got caught up on the grip of my firearm while I was standing in line, no big deal MN is an open carry state. I cover it back up. As I'm leaving with my food I feel a tap on my shoulder and someone saying "Sir" thought it was going to be a Chic-Fil-A employee, turns out it was one of the LEO's.He asked if I had a license for the firearm on my right hip. Told him of course I do and asked if he would like to see it. He said he would, I told him that my wallet was in my front left pocket and I'm going to reach for it. He was very calm and said "I know I saw you pay for your food". Props for how observant he was.Gave him my Drivers license and CCL, he didn't run anything just looked at them and gave them back. He apologized for stopping me, but said another customer had gone up to him and pointed me out. He saw the grip hanging out and figured he would talk to me if it made everyone feel safer. He said he knew I was good since "criminals don't put their guns in holsters." Told me to enjoy my food and that was it.Overall I think it was a very positive encounter, I know some people might think otherwise, since I "didn't do anything" But given recent events, and how busy the restaurant was I think he was just making sure people felt safe. Won't fault him for that. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2cHdi3w

No comments:

Post a Comment