Tuesday, September 27, 2016

From anti-gun to filing for her carry permit


I met my wife over 15 years ago and she was anti-gun. Not in the BAN ALL THE BOOMSTICKS kind of way, but more didn't see a reason for anyone to have one, didn't understand hunting, etc. I don't think she'd actually even seen one in real life until she met me. Her parents never even handled a firearm in their lives.Anyway, yesterday she filed for her carry permit. She's been researching carry methods while baby wearing and everything. The progression over the years (and I never pushed anything, never called her any names for her views), went from no reason to own a firearm and would never have any in her house to understanding but still cautious to actually handling and shooting for the first time/supporting teaching our children about the safe use of firearms, to actually prodding me to go out and shoot with her (she's gotten better than me with the 10/22), and now filing for her permit. Next will be more familiarity with handguns in general, and already have her set with a series of handgun/protection classes.Just excited and proud. If you got this far, thanks for listening. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2doYQ1f

No comments:

Post a Comment