Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Roadtrip from FL to MO and back


Just a quick question about my roadtrip. FL has reciprocity with every state I am traveling through/to (GA, AL, MS, AR, MO, TN) with one exception. Part of my route is from Springfield MO to Kennesaw GA, and there's a sliver of IL that I will pass through (no planned stops). I found this on the IL website:Section 40 (e)Nothing in this Act shall prohibit a non-resident fromtransporting a concealed firearm within his or her vehicle inIllinois, if the concealed firearm remains within his or hervehicle and the non-resident: (1) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under federal law; (2) is eligible to carry a firearm in public under the laws of his or her state or territory of residence; and (3) is not in possession of a license under this Act. If the non-resident leaves his or her vehicle unattended, he or she shall store the firearm within a locked vehicle orlocked container within the vehicle in accordance withsubsection (b) of Section 65 of this Act.Everything is valid on my end, and I think the trip through IL is really short. Am I reading this right that I'll be fine if I leave my loaded carry in the glovebox?Thanks. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2cHFrFI

No comments:

Post a Comment