Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Feeling Less Safe After Starting to Carry?


So before getting CCW, I felt pretty safe. I live in a safe area, police does good work here and I felt like nothing would happen to me. Why would something happen to ME? But things happen, you hear about them on the news, etc so I got a CCW just in case.Then I started watching my surroundings - gotta have situational awareness, right? I started noticing how many people are acting shady, how often I put myself into compromised situations where I could be easily robbed, etc.You would think I would feel safer with a gun... until I realized that bad guys have guns too. And almost always make sure to get the jump on you.I started worrying about training, about the stress and adrenaline of a life-and-death situation. Will I crumble under pressure? Will my mind go blank? Will my training hold up? Am I training enough to perform well in a real situation? Will my decisions in the heat of the moment be as sound as my well-thought solutions to scenarios posted on this sub in the comfort of my quiet home?So many questions, so many doubts. I realized how much evil there is in the world and how innocent people get hurt and die every day. It's almost routine. And that it could easily happen to me.I started to realize that the illusion of safety is just that - an illusion that allows us to live our lives with normal psychology, without paralyzing fear. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2cCqnr6

No comments:

Post a Comment