Friday, September 2, 2016

Any tips for defense against animals?

I have experience with Krav Maga, Defensive Tactics and Tang Soo Do. One thing that's never been discussed in any of those classes is how to defend yourself against an animal: domesticated or wild. In my part of the US, the most likely animal attack is from a big, mistreated dog whose owner let outside unleashed.

If I had to guess right now, I'd say my best bet is to go for the eyes, throat, and snout with everything I have. Fingers, fists, kicks, and whatever I happen to have on my person at the time.

Are there any other suggestions or common theories about how to best survive a situation like this where deescalation techniques may not work?



Submitted September 02, 2016 at 01:00PM by atomicbob1 http://ift.tt/2bZ2ht4

No comments:

Post a Comment