Friday, July 22, 2016

TN CCW question


Hello all,I recently moved from AL to TN and I am trying to familiarize myself with TN carry laws as Alabama is fairly easy.I am reading the laws on handgunlaw.us and noticed an interesting line about posting the no gun sign (as TN has force of law statute)Under section 3A of 39-17-1359 it says this:(3) (A) A sign shall be used as the method of posting. The sign shall include the phrase “NO FIREARMS ALLOWED”, and the phrase shall measure at least one inch (1″) high and eight inches (8″) wide. The sign shall also include the phrase “As authorized by T.C.A. § 39-17-1359”.I know this has been discussed before, but this is the first mention of required text referencing a specific section(I guess something similar to the 30.06 sign in TX). Prior to reading this I was under the impression any "gun buster" sign carried the force of law.If any TN resident could chime it that would be great! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/29QlWvp

No comments:

Post a Comment