Saturday, July 2, 2016

Protection of Customer-What would other CCW holders have done?


A situation earlier this week at my workplace (hotel) brought up a situation I hadn't thought of before, and I'm honestly not sure what I would have done in, wouldn't mind some opinions.I wasn't at work on that day, but here's the account of what happened from the involved employee, another manager at the hotel. He gets a call from a room describing a woman in the room next door to her screaming for her life and that we need to get up there and call the cops. Employee calls the cops, and he goes up to the room. Like most hotels, we have a few regular hookers that come in, not a whole lot we can do about it, this room was registered to a known prostitute.Employee goes up to the room, and finds the woman on the floor with who we would later find out to be her pimp on top of her with his hands around her throat, not letting up. Verbal commands not working, he knocks the guy off and holds him on the floor until the cops arrive.Legally he's fine, but hotel higher ups cite a policy violation and let him go. Doesn't seem fair but I know a lot of corporate policy follows that line. So my question is, if you arrive at the scene with that situation unfolding with a carry weapon, what would you do? I'm in the process of getting my permit, and genuinely not sure what my action would have been. You wouldn't want to engage in a physical struggle armed, but I'm not sure what the ramifications of drawing in that situation would be. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/29Avwze

No comments:

Post a Comment