Thursday, July 21, 2016

CCW non-resident permit problems


I live in the best damn state in the nation, the first American republic, and first add-on option for our founding fathers, the great state of Vermont. While Vermont is a great, ass-kicking, freedom loving state, there is one problem. No permits means no reciprocity. Every other state that I've looked into that offers non-resident permits requires a letter by local law enforcement to verify that I am not a criminal. Unfortunately, unofficial policy for all of our departments is that no local law enforcement will write such a letter. I suspect this is caused by influence from across our southern border. All joking and braggadocio aside, my question to you is this: how do I work around this limitation? I am an honorably discharged combat veteran with a clean DD-214, used to carry a few different security clearances over the years, and am by all accounts, a law abiding man, if a little bit of an asshole. (That last bit is according to my wife.) What options do you think I have? Edit: added words. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2adsi7x

No comments:

Post a Comment