Sunday, July 3, 2016

CCW at Seaworld Orlando


Went to Seaworld Orlando yesterday. Was considering carrying, and had called OCSO and Seaworld and nobody gave me a straight answer. Went there without my weapon, and was surprised to encounter full metal detectors, mandatory for entry. You have to hold loose items over your head as you go through. I talked to a very friendly OCSO deputy, who seemed happy I was a CWL holder, and also happy I asked before trying to carry into the park. He told me nobody's getting any metal into the park, and to focus on having a good time. Security is being handled well there, and I felt comfortable in the park.Anyway, the reason I'm writing this is due to the old age of other internet threads on the subject. The bottom line is, unless you are active LE and always on-duty, or currently on duty, you won't be able to carry a weapon into the park. This is direct from the mouth of a OCSO deputy at the entrance. Yes, state law protects you, but there are metal detectors and a security team there working to prevent people from getting in with weapons. It is not random selection, you will go through a metal detector if you want to get into the park. If you are detected, you'll be asked to go back and put it in your car. I asked about security lockers for firearms, and though they used to have them, they are no longer available. So leave and secure your weapon in your car. This probably won't be relevant to most people reading, but this information would've been good to know before I went there, so I wanted to share.Bonus Album via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/29bmirr

No comments:

Post a Comment