Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Not to offend anyone on here


[anyone is welcome to pitch in] Are there people of color who conceal carry on this thread, and if you mind sharing your experience?I recently got my license and am getting my first firearm fairly soon. I have nothing against weapons and believe everyone should have the right to protect themselves. With that being said, I'm a brown guy, have been called racial slurs plenty of times for example "terrorist", even while I served in the army.Not to long ago, a guy who lives about 10 minutes away and is the same ethnicity as me got shot (survived) while he was on his driveway, minding his own business. The person who shot him THOUGHT he was a Muslim (Muslims don't deserve that either, terrorists do) and that automatically makes him a terrorist.Ive never really had a reason to buy a weapon or carry before this, but it's because of small-minded people like that guy that I want to conceal carry. Anything can happen anywhere which lead me to this decision. The only thing that somewhat makes me question this decision is if people somehow see my weapon and wondering how they will react because of my appearance.I appreciate the input! And on a side note, I've been researching on which handgun to purchase as a first and I've been looking into the Springfield XD series as well as the Glock 19. What's your take and I'm open to suggestions! I'm looking for quality and reliability at an affordable price, I hope you all had a good weekend! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2viCvta

No comments:

Post a Comment