Thursday, August 24, 2017

Volund Gearworks - good gear, good service


I've been using the Volund Gearworks Atlas G-Hook belt for AIWB (Glock G19, Dara single-clip AIWB) primarily, and 4-5 o'clock IWB (M&P Shield 9mm, 2-clip leather/kydex hybrid) occasionally. I've been using the belt for about 4 months now, and have been very pleased. It has the "right amount" of stiffness for the carry methods, holsters, and guns I carry. By design, it is easy to thread through belt loops in pants or gear. The G-Hook is extremely low profile, which is great for AIWB. It does take some breaking in though. Before being broken in, hooking and unhooking the G-Hook can be difficult, which can lead to some discomfort if you get stuck in a 3 hour meeting after drinking a bucket of soda and have a Glock pushing against your bladder as you FINALLY make it into the restroom. The belt is exceptionally easy to adjust and has a wide range of adjustability, which is great if you frequently change up your gear. Or, you can set it once and it will fit the same every time you put it on. I think I had the belt in my hands 8 days after placing my order, which is pretty good considering that I'm in rural Montana.Recently I decided I needed a new belt for my competition rig. I sent an email to Volund with a couple questions about my specific requirements and received a well thought out and very helpful response just a couple hours later. I was able to spec a double layer of scuba webbing for additional stiffness, no webbing overlap behind the buckle to reduce bulk and allow more options for gear placement, a Cobra buckle, and 1.5" webbing which will work with all the gear I already have.I was already happy based on my previous experience with them, but their excellent customer service this time around deserves to be recognized. If you are in the market for a gun belt, I strongly recommend that you give Volund Gearworks a good look. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ga6HBi

No comments:

Post a Comment